Events for the Week of October 11th - October 16th
NHS Induction Ceremony, 7:00 pm
Life Touch Picture Retakes, 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Girls Wrestling Parent Meeting, 7:00 pm
Volleyball vs. Park City – PINK Night, 6:00 pm
Fall Orchestra Concert, 7:00 pm
Graduation Cap and Gown Order Day, 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
SCC (School Community Council) Meeting, 3:30 pm
Fall Choir Concert, 7:00pm
Volleyball @ Highland, 6:00 pm
Varsity Football vs. Orem, 6:00 pm
It’s Volleyball PINK NIGHT on Tuesday, October 19th. Not only will the team be raising money for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, but there will also be a mobile mammogram testing vehicle here. Read more about this amazing event:
If you have a senior who will be graduating this May, Jostens Cap and Gown order day is Wednesday, October 20th. Here is more information from Jostens:
Boys Basketball tryouts will be here soon. See the attached flyer for more information.
Have a good week!
- Girls Wrestling will be holding a parent meeting on Tuesday, October 19th at
5:30pm in the wrestling room.
MORP is this Saturday! Tickets will be on sale Wednesday and you can use the QR code on the posters to purchase tickets. If your student is bringing a guest that doesn’t attend Brighton, make sure to have them fill out the Guest Request Form and turn it in at the dance. Only ONE guest per Brighton student, will be allowed.
Digital Citizenship Week Overview
Digital Citizenship Week in CSD
October 18–22, 2021, Canyons School District will be participating in our annual Digital Citizenship Week. Included below is an overview of the activities we will be sharing and discussing in our school so that you may extend these conversations with your children at home. From cyberbullying and photo sharing to digital footprints and online safety, we want to help students and families address important topics and have meaningful conversations about making great choices in their digital lives.
“Screen Time: How Much is Too Much?”
Students will learn the difference between passive and active screen time and will
identify a digital habit to improve.
“What is your Digital Footprint?”
Students will learn what it means to curate a positive, authentic online presence.
“Cell Phone Etiquette”
Students will learn appropriate behavior in regards to cell phone use in school and
“Friendships & Boundaries Online”
Students will learn how to set boundaries with friends when communicating online.
“The Impacts of Online Hate Speech”
Students will learn ways to respond when they encounter hate speech online.
Utah College Application Week is October 25th – 29th. During this week, Brighton seniors will use FLEX time to work on their college applications. Brighton counselors and College admissions representatives will be able to help students and answer questions. Students should report directly to the room featuring the college they want to apply to during FLEX. Attendance will be taken. Students are encouraged to attend multiple sessions throughout the week. Additional information is available at
Monday, October 25th
• University of Utah – Auditorium (Room 1100)
• Dixie State University – Atrium (Room 3600)
• Snow College – Career Center (Room1513)
Tuesday, October 26th
• Salt Lake Community College – Auditorium (Room 1100)
• Southern Utah University – Cafeteria
• Utah Valley University – Room 2703
Wednesday, October 27th
- Seniors and parents/guardians of seniors, Brighton High School is hosting a FAFSA Completion Open House for you to get expert help completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Please join us on Wednesday, October 27th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, and you’ll be eligible to apply for a FAFSA Completion Open House Scholarship drawing. We’d love to see you there!
- Brighton High is offering a service learning class 5th period next trimester! Students in this class go to 5th grade classrooms throughout the district and teach the elementary students crucial skills for middle school. Next trimester the focus will be on antibullying (both in-person and cyber). Once presentations are complete, the high school students will model these skills during recess. If your student is interested, please email Sierra West at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not be taking any delivery services for students in the main office or attendance office. This includes: food delivery services, flowers, balloons, etc. If a delivery service comes to the office for a student order, they will be turned away. Parents/guardians may still drop off items such as lunches, books, or schoolwork for students; however, students will not be called down until the next passing time. If the item will cause a disruption to class, it will be held in the office until the end of the school day and your student may pick it up then. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Life Touch Photography will be at Brighton High School one last time for picture retake day on October 19, 2021 for anyone who desires to have retakes. You can preorder your photos online at https://my.lifetouch.com/ with event code EVTXDTXV7.
- We need substitute teachers! According to Sally Sansom, CSD Human Resource Administrator, in just the first few weeks of the school year, CSD is receiving more than 100 requests a day for substitutes. Canyons is committed to ensuring that every class has supervision, but the dearth of active subs has required schools to ask office staff to leave their regular duties to teach a class, or recruit part-time employees to come in on their days off If you’re interested in becoming a substitute teacher at Brighton follow this link for more information: https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/general-news/csd-calls-on-community-to-help-recruit-substitutes/
- Order your AP Test by registering online at myap.collegeboard.org . You must be registered and the AP Test fee must be paid by October 8, 2021. Pay the AP Test fee in the Main Office of Brighton High School 7:00 am to 2:00 pm daily. An additional late fee of $40 will be accessed on October 9, 2021. Make sure to register online and pay fee ($98 for standard test, $145 Capstone test) by OCTOBER 8, 2021. Junior Class ACT Test will be held Tuesday, March 8, 2022 on an adjusted bell schedule (TBD). Look for more information to come. Freshmen and Sophomore Aspire Testing will be held April 13 & 14, 2022 on an adjusted bell schedule (TBD).
- If you are looking for a part-time job, we need cafeteria workers:
Cashier (2 positions) – 2 hours per day 12:00pm – 2:00pm @ $12.16 per hour
Cook (2 positions) – 8:00am-1:30pm @ $15.50 per hour
Contact Judy Opatha for more information – email@example.com
- If you purchased a 2020-21 yearbook, you can pick them up in the temporary attendance office located in the ticket booth of the Arts Building.
- Just a reminder about parking . . . Due to our limited amount of parking spaces, we do not have on-campus parking available for sophomores (this includes the LDS church parking lot). The only parking available to sophomores at this time is at the
skate park, east of the tennis courts. Please encourage your sophomore to carpool with older students, parents, neighbors or ride the bus if available in your area. If your sophomore student is parking on campus, they are jeopardizing their opportunity to get a parking pass when they are a junior. We will be contacting students with two or more tickets. If the tickets are not paid by the end of 1st trimester, their parking pass will be revoked for 2nd trimester.
- Career Corner!
Students are invited to a facility tour and career discussion at Rock West Composites! This career focus can lead students to become designers, builders and engineers of composites products ranging from rockets and military drones to prosthetic devices and Disney characters.Students provide own transportation.School Excused Friday, October 1st Tour begins at 10 am (students excused at 9:15am) Sign up here: https://forms.gle/ZMWbNBrbm9QF1rPo6Need a Job! Check out these job opportunities. Just added is a position with the Salt Lake County as a tobacco compliance cadet $12 an hour. 6-10 hours week. https://bit.ly/bhsjobboard
- It’s never too early to start thinking about college and applying for scholarships! Make a SCHOLARSHIP APPOINTMENT to discuss college, ACT, scholarship opportunities and more with our Scholarship Advisor, Mrs. Schwendiman. To access the calendar and make an appointment, visit: https://signup.com/Activities#/3322451/jobs/edit
- CSD Superintendent Welcomes Questions, Feedback at District wide Listening Tour. Have a question about Canyons School District? Suggestions, concerns or compliments? Or maybe, after the months of social distancing that coincided with Dr. Rick Robins’ first year as CSD’s Superintendent, you’d like to meet him in person. Coming soon to a middle school near you: community members will have a chance to do just that as Dr. Robins travels the District for his inaugural Superintendent’s Listening Tour. The Town Hall-style events will run from 6:30-8 p.m. and take place at the following locations. Questions and comments can be submitted in advance or during the events at canyonsdistrict.org/voice. Just choose “Superintendent’s Listening Tour” from the drop down list found on the submission form. Spanish-speaking interpreters will be available at the Indian Hills, Midvale Middle and Eastmont Middle events.
- Indian Hills Middle, Aug. 26 180 E Sanders Rd., Sandy
- Butler Middle, Aug. 317530 S. 2700 East, Cottonwood Heights
- Midvale Middle, Sept. 87852 S. Pioneer St., Midvale
- Eastmont Middle, Sept. 13 10100 S. 1300 East, Sandy
- Draper Park Middle, Sept. 15 13133 S. 1300 East, Draper
El superintendente de CSD da la bienvenida a preguntas y comentarios en la gira de escuchar a todos en el distrito¿Tiene una pregunta sobre el Distrito Escolar Canyons? ¿Sugerencias, inquietudes o cumplidos? O tal vez, después de los meses de distanciamiento social que coincidieron con el primer año del Dr. Rick Robins como Superintendente del CSD, le gustaría conocerlo en persona. Próximamente en una escuela intermedia cercana a usted: los miembros de la comunidad tendrán la oportunidad de hacer precisamente eso mientras el Dr. Robins viaja por el distrito para su gira inaugural de audición del
- The School Community Council meets monthly.You can find information about these meeting on our school website or by following this link: https://brighton.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php/community/school-community-council
- The Counseling Center needs your student to join Remind. Counselors uses Remind
to communicate important dates, testing information, and other counseling center
news. Please use the following codes to sign up:
BHS Class of 2021
Students A-F @bhs21af
Students G-L @bhs21gl
Students M-R @bh21smr
Students S-Z @bhs21sz
BHS Class of 2022
Students A-F @bhs22af
Students G-L @bhs22gl
Students M-R @bh22smr
Students S-Z @bhs22sz
BHS Class of 2023
Students A-F @bhs23af
Students G-L @bhs23gl
Students M-R @bh23smr
Students S-Z @bhs23sz
BHS Class of 2024
Students A-F @bhs24af
Students G-L @bhs24gl
Students M-R @bh24smr
Students S-Z @bhs24sz