Events for the Week of April 26th - May 1st
Last Day of Regular Bell Schedule
Graduation Practice for Seniors, 9:30 am
Yearbook Day, 11:30 am (adjusted bell schedule today, see Yearbook Schedule below)
Boys Soccer vs. Skyline @ Herriman, 3:30 pm
Girls Lacrosse State Semi-Finals vs. Park City @ Bingham,5:00 pm
Senior Dinner Dance, 6:00 pm –9:00 pm
Class of 2021 Graduation, 7:00 pm
Boys Lacrosse State Semi-Finals vs. Park City @ West Jordan, 7:00 pm
It seems like the school year just began and now we’ve suddenly reached the end. As we finish our last week here in the “Old Brighton,” we are looking forward to Graduation, Yearbook Day and a great end to the school year. We are especially looking forward to coming back to a “New Brighton” in August and can’t wait to share this new building with our community. We hope you enjoy your summer, but we need to finish up the year first.
Here are a few things you need to know about next week:
Monday, May 24th
- Regular Bell Schedule
- Regular Bus Schedule
- Lunch served in the cafeteria
Tuesday, May 25th
Unfortunately, challenges related to Covid have delayed the arrival of our yearbooks until June 14th. However, we will be providing signable yearbook inserts (that will permanently attach to the yearbook) for the yearbook signing event. Once yearbooks have arrived, we will send out a Skylert with pick-up instructions.
- 11:30am (adjusted bell schedule today – see below)
- Yearbook signing in the Field House
- Regular Bus Schedule
- Lunch is served in the cafeteria as well as hot dogs that will be served at the football concession for the yearbook signing event
Senior Dinner Dance
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Brighton High Seniors ONLY (with tickets)
Wednesday, May 26th
- Graduation for the Class of 2021
- Football Field
- Tickets available for graduates and their families only (Ticket information was sent out earlier this afternoon in a Skylert)
We have multiple ways for students to make up credit this summer. Read the information below to learn more.
Have a good week!
- Graduation tickets will be available on Monday, May 24th. Your graduating senior will receive a code that will allow them to request the number of tickets your family needs that is set at a maximum of 6 tickets. We have had several requests for additional tickets beyond the 6 that we have allocated for each family.We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we will not be able to accommodate these requests due to facility restrictions as well as our current parking situation, etc.We will livestream the event for those who want to share the moment from home or other locations. Please see our website on graduation day for the livestream link.
- Summer Drivers Ed will be starting soon! For more information about Driver Ed and to sign up, please visit https://bhs.canyonsdistrict.org/announcements/driver-education/or contact Jonnie Knoble at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who are looking for a job can check out this virtual job board. It isn’t a comprehensive list, but it’s a start! New jobs are posted as companies reach out to the schools, so check back often!https://sites.google.com/csddocs.org/virtualjobboard/home
- The Bengal Paw Preschool is returning to Brighton.We need junior and senior high school students to help run the program next year. Talk to your counselor or Mrs. Prudden in the CTE office about adding Early Childhood Education to your schedule next year
- Seniors remember to fill out the Senior Survey that was sent to your csddocs. We need to know where you are planning on going to college and how much total scholarship money you have received.
- The Bengal Paw Preschool is returning to Brighton.We need junior and senior high school students to help run the program next year. Talk to your counselor or Mrs. Prudden in the CTE office about adding Early Childhood Education to your schedule next year.
- Solo & Ensemble: Congrats to all Brighton Band students who performed at state solo & ensemble. Special congratulations to Beau Starbuck, Cameron Bartee, Charlie Francis, Nathan Hunter, Sydney Sullivan, Yvonne Sun, Zion Angilau and Lindsey Peterson who all earned a superior rating at State!
- State Band Congratulations to the BOTH the Brighton Jazz Band and the Brighton Symphonic Band on their performances at State Festival. The jazz band earned superior ratings and we are currently awaiting symphonic band’s results
- If your student needs a great part-time job, we are looking for sweepers. The hours are from 3:00 pm –4:30 pm for the remainder of the school year and during the summer it’s 5 hours per day.
- Code to Success will be held at Jordan High from June 14-July 23 from 8 am-12 pm. Students can earn 1.0 high school credits (Web Development and Digital Studies) and up to 3.0 college credits. Register at ctsutah.org.
- Please remember that only seniors with parking passes can park in any on-campus student lots. This includes front and back parking lots, the church and the skate park parking areas.Juniors can park at the church or skate park. Due to limited parking spots, sophomores will not be issued a parking pass. Students need to park in designated parking spots only and will be ticketed if parked otherwise.(Please note that in a previous Bengal Bulletin, it was stated that tickets were $10; however, this was a misprint. The parking ticket fee is set by the District and it is $20 per citation.
- BHS apparel is available in the main office. 100% of proceeds go to current BHS seniors through scholarships sponsored by the PTSA, and we’re hoping to raise $2500 to help these kids who have had such a hard time this year.We are short of our goal and hope you’re able to help us get there.
- REMEMBER LIFE BEFORE COVID The student section. The dances. Clubs. And then everything changed. Purchase a piece of history. The 2020 yearbooks are still available for $56! Pay at the Main Office
- The Free School Lunch Program has been approved until end of the school year.The cafeteria is serving grab and go lunches every day by the east door to the main building and also by the Counseling Center. Thursday’s after school the cafeteria will be handing out Friday’s lunch bags at all the school exits.
- The Counseling Center needs your student to join Remind. Counselors uses Remind
to communicate important dates, testing information, and other counseling center
news. Please use the following codes to sign up:
BHS Class of 2021
Students A-F @bhs21af
Students G-L @bhs21gl
Students M-R @bh21smr
Students S-Z @bhs21sz
BHS Class of 2022
Students A-F @bhs22af
Students G-L @bhs22gl
Students M-R @bh22smr
Students S-Z @bhs22sz
BHS Class of 2023
Students A-F @bhs23af
Students G-L @bhs23gl
Students M-R @bh23smr
Students S-Z @bhs23sz
BHS Class of 2024
Students A-F @bhs24af
Students G-L @bhs24gl
Students M-R @bh24smr
Students S-Z @bhs24sz
- Are you wondering what quarantine is? Follow these links to find out: https://bhs.canyonsdistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/352/2020/09/quarantine1.jpg
- Masks are required on all Canyons School District properties. This includes everywhere inside the school, in the parking lots, at all fields, courts, and sporting events. Please wear your mask and do your part to ensure our in-person classes, performances,and sports seasons can continue.
- Click on this link to access the COVID–19 Dashboard, which has information about the active Covid–19 cases in the District and at Brighton High. https://web.canyonsdistrict.org/covid–19/dashboard/
- The School Community Council meets monthly.You can find information about these meeting on our school website or by following this link: https://brighton.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php/community/school-community-council
- Check out our sports recaps on Brightonbengals.org!
- Canyons Family Center offers free classes and counseling for families in Canyons School District. If you want more information, follow this link: www.canyonsdistrict.org/family-center-home