Events for the Week of November 16th - November 21st
First Day of 2nd Trimester
Online Learning @ Home & Teacher Preparation Day
News and Information for the Week of October 26th -October 31st
Please read this week’s Bengal Bulletin for information about our activities, testing, and other things that are important for your families to know about what is happening at Brighton.
Have a good week!
Brighton High Administration
- If your student needs a chromebook, our shipment was delivered! Please send your student to the library to check one out.
- In their inaugural year, our amazing Marching Band took 3rd place in the state tournament. If you haven’t seen them in action, check out this video from their Marching Band Friends and Family Night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfndGxcDGQg&feature=youtu.be
- The Brighton National Honor Society (NHS) will exist this year in a modified capacity. Due to health and safety concerns, we will not be interacting in person (service projects, meetings, gatherings, etc.), but students still deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments throughout high school; therefore, requirements for NHS membership this year will be entirely academic. To apply for admission, please fill out the interest sheet in Mr. Gardner’s room (221) or Mrs. Shon’s room (422B). If you have any additional questions, please reply to Mr. Gardner at email@example.com.
- Jostens, our official cap and gown and class ring supplier, recently visited Brighton High School to collect orders for graduation regalia and class rings.If your senior student missed Jostens on order day or you would like to order additional products, please call 1–800–567–8367 or visit www.jostens.com to place your order. To take advantage of Jostens lowest prices of the year, please complete your order before December 1st, 2020.
- Please Note: All winter sports tryouts have been postponed. Please email the coach or check out the website for new tryout dates and times.
- It’s tryout time for our winter sports. For more information, please contact the coaches:
Girls Basketball Tryouts start November 9th. Follow this link for more info. https://brightonbengals.org/2020/10/29/girls-basketball-tryouts/ For more information, check out https://brightongirlsbasketball.com
Boys Basketball Tryouts begin on November 9th. Click on the link for details. https://brightonbengals.org/2020/10/29/brighton-boys-basketball-tryouts-2020-2021/ Find more information at http://www.brightonbasketball.org
- The October date for PSAT has been cancelled. The new date for PSAT/NMSQT test will be January 26, 2021.If your student has already paid for the test, that payment will be credited to the new date. The new date for PSAT/NMSQT test will be January 26, 2021. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Junior Class ACT Test (sponsored by the National ACT and paid for by the State of Utah & Canyon School District) will be held on March 9, 2021 at Brighton High School.Registration will be done at 8:00 am on March 9, 2021.Look for more information to come.Contact email@example.com for any concerns or questions.
- Students who were in 11th grade in the spring of 2020 and unable to complete their state provided 11th grade ACT due to the school closure and who have not received a payment voucher for the ACT test,please contact Mrs. Jan Moncur by stopping by Room 412 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before November 6th to receive an ACT payment voucher for the ACT test on December 12th.
- UTAH STEM FEST 2020 WEEK OF STEM–A virtual STEM learning event! Students, educators, and parents can access the WEEK OF STEM portal to examine articles and videos, engage with hands–on activities, and hear from industry professionals every day of the week –all related to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math! It’s easy! Go to utahstemfest.com starting Monday, November 9.If you are not able to join during that week, the website will still be available beyond the Week of STEM so feel free to check it out anytime!
U of U Engineering Day 2020 for high school students FREE VIRTUAL–Discover Engineering in Action Saturday, Nov 21 @ 9:00 AM –1:00 PM Presentations *Demonstrations * Tours * Academic Advising Registration is now open https://www.coe.utah.edu/k12/k–12–events/
- Canyons School District is providing free breakfast and lunch to all of our students through December of this year or until federal funding runs out. During lunch, we will have grab and go sack lunches available in the Arts/CTE building, Athletics Building and the lunch room for any student in need of food. All students are eligible, whether they are learning in the classroom, online, or at home. For more information you can view our district webpage at: https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/general–news/canyons–schools–to–provide–free–breakfast–lunch–to–all–students
- PTSA supports students and teachers and open communication between school and home.We are seeking people to fill a few positions on our board this year.If you or anyone you know might be interested, please contact Katie Tatton @ 208–431–5281.To read more about PTSA, follow this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nbEJnwxP0HBmYZVXdfzOhvRhpmLvfnlMO4NXGLymCvo/edit
- Career exploration is still happening at Brighton High through Work–Based Learning.To know more click on the link! https://bhs–work–based–learning.webnode.com/
- The Counseling Center needs your student to join Remind. Counselors uses Remind
to communicate important dates, testing information, and other counseling center
news. Please use the following codes to sign up:
BHS Class of 2021
Students A-F @bhs21af
Students G-L @bhs21gl
Students M-R @bh21smr
Students S-Z @bhs21sz
BHS Class of 2022
Students A-F @bhs22af
Students G-L @bhs22gl
Students M-R @bh22smr
Students S-Z @bhs22sz
BHS Class of 2023
Students A-F @bhs23af
Students G-L @bhs23gl
Students M-R @bh23smr
Students S-Z @bhs23sz
BHS Class of 2024
Students A-F @bhs24af
Students G-L @bhs24gl
Students M-R @bh24smr
Students S-Z @bhs24sz
- Are you wondering what quarantine is? Follow these links to find out: https://bhs.canyonsdistrict.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/352/2020/09/quarantine1.jpg
- Masks are required on all Canyons School District properties. This includes everywhere inside the school, in the parking lots, at all fields, courts, and sporting events. Please wear your mask and do your part to ensure our in-person classes, performances,and sports seasons can continue.
- Click on this link to access the COVID–19 Dashboard, which has information about the active Covid–19 cases in the District and at Brighton High. https://web.canyonsdistrict.org/covid–19/dashboard/
- The School Community Council meets monthly.You can find information about these meeting on our school website or by following this link: https://brighton.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php/community/school-community-council
- Check out our sports recaps on Brightonbengals.org!
- Canyons Family Center offers free classes and counseling for families in Canyons School District. If you want more information, follow this link: www.canyonsdistrict.org/family-center-home